How to quickly connect to a remote desktop
1. Click Start | All Programs | Accessories | Remote Desktop Connection or click Start and type "remote desktop" in the Search box
2. Type the name or IP address of the computer to which you want to connect in the Remote Desktop Connection dialog box.
But what if you don't remember the name or IP of the remote computer? Well, if it's on your local area network, you can do this:
1. In Windows Explorer, in the left pane, scroll down to the Network node and click on it.
2. In the list of computers in the right pane, find the one to which you want to connect.
3. Right click its name and select "Connect with Remote Desktop Connection."