30 Fast Facts on Facebook at Work
2. Others in the top five, ranked by NetProspex: Amazon, eBay, Google, and Walt Disney. Apple was number 10.
3. Hiring managers are more likely to use Facebook to research prospects than LinkedIn, which is designed for job-related networking.
4. More than one-third of those managers find content that causes them to pass up on the job seeker.
5. The top disqualifier: posting of inappropriate or provocative photos or information
6. Facebook consumes 4.5 percent of corporate bandwidth, according to a recent Network Box survey, accounting for 7 percent of all outward business traffic.
7. 77% of workers who have a Facebook account use it during work, according to Nucleus Research.
8. Among those active at work, 87 percent said they had no clear business reason for using the site.
9. Nucleus estimates that companies that allow users to access Facebook in the workplace lose an average of 1.5 percent in employee productivity.
10. 54 percent of US companies say they've banned workers from using Facebook while on the job, according to Robert Half Technology.
11. 19 percent of companies allow social networking for business purposes only; 16 percent allow limited personal use; 10 percent allow full access.
12. 31 percent of consumers say they check out retailers Facebook fan pages, almost twice the number from 2009.
13. 63% percent of marketers and agency pros have already implemented social media programs, according to The Pivot Conference.
14. Significant additional investment in social media marketing programs is coming in the next 12 months, according to The Pivot Conference.
15. 30 percent of brand marketers don't think that building customer loyalty has become easier because of social networking.
16. 41 percent of brand marketers don't think social media's impact is serious enough to lead to a change in brand strategy.
17. Over 150 million of Facebook’s 500 million+ users access the service through their mobile devices.
18. People using mobile devices are twice as active on Facebook than non-mobile users.
19. Half of Facebook's active users log on to Facebook on any given day; 35 million users update their statuses each day.
20. Two-thirds of comScore’s U.S. Top 100 websites and half of comScore’s Global Top 100 websites have integrated with Facebook.
21. There are more than 200 mobile operators in 60 countries working to deploy and promote Facebook mobile products.
22. More than one million websites have integrated with the Facebook Platform.
23. More than 30 billion pieces of content are shared on Facebook each month.
24. More than 1.5 million local businesses have active pages.
25. 13 percent of US traffic to web portals Yahoo, Bing and AOL come from Facebook, according to analytics firm Compete.
26. Only 19 percent of people find ads on social networks relevant, according to The Participatory Marketing Network.
27. Nielsen says that consumers spend more than five and a half hours on social networking sites per day.
28. Facebook reports that its users spend 700 billion minutes on the network each month.
29. About a third of Facebook users are from the US; more than 70 translations are available.
30. About 25 percent of Facebook users haven't changed their default privacy settings, according to security company Webroot.